Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Calling

See, I knew there was more to be blogged.

The end of December I got a new calling at church.  I was a Wolf cub scout leader for the last 
2 1/2 years.  It was a nice calling, I learned a lot!  But I was feeling like my time was up.  It was really nice to get this new call.  

I am now the Nursery Leader.  I really like it.  It is kind of funny because I have been in there helping out for the last 3 years.  So, I guess while I was standing on the "outside looking in" you would think that I have learned a lot.  I think so far I have learned that the place was too cluttered.  Over these last few years I have seen papers and projects pile up, because you know, "maybe the next person will want to use it."  I have heard people complain about a kitchen set that is in there.  "It distracts the kids."  But no one will do anything about it.  And for some reason the nursery room is a dumping ground.  We get more junk in there then wanted/needed. So, the first thing I have learned to do is let go.  If I am not going to use it, then get it out of there!!  And I have done well so far.  I know that many have worked hard on the "projects" but I think that is why we are called with not much training, we are all unique and we can bring our personalities into the called and do a dang good job!  We don't need the last person telling us how to do it.  And that goes for when we are released, there are set rules, follow them.  But let your personal talents shine.  As it goes for working with others, let them be themselves.  I have a great partner,  and wonderful helpers.  I am so excited to work with them.  It will be a great year. -Ma 

1 comment:

Chandy said...

I'm a Nursery Assistant and I just love it in there! I so agree with what you said.