Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Way to go Emma

Emma's report card was sent home yesterday.  She is doing so well.

For the last 3 grading periods.

Phonics: B+, B, A
English:  , C, B
Spelling:  , C, B
Mathematics: C, D, B

Penmanship: O, O, O
Citizenship: O, O, O
Homework Completed: O, O, O
Academic Effort: O, O, O
Books Read:  , 11, 11  I sure do struggle with this one.  I always have visions of us snuggled on the couch reading the best of books.  We get to the library and then I don't know what happens. Any advice would be great.  How do I just sit and read with the little lady?

Days Absent: 0, 0, 5 is this why she did better this last time?  She was able to have a bit of a break?
Days Tardy: 1, 0, 0

Teachers comments:  Emma has done an awesome job improving in all academic areas.  She is working hard.

Emma is going to a school that teaches about a grade or two above the grade she is in.  So, I am so proud of her, she does work so hard, and it is so fun to see her grow and learn.

She is still having her headaches.  I did get the x-rays done, they came back fine.  I am starting to think it is not related to stress, because during the  winter break she was still having the headaches.

Pa and I were talking and we are thinking maybe it could be a sensitivity to light.  He too gets lots of headaches and light is one reason why.  They also struggle with getting enough sleep, last night Pa was up late, just laying in bed, couldn't fall asleep.  Then Emma came in I think it was when Pa finally drifted off to sleep, she had had a bad dream and woke up then couldn't go back to sleep.  Every time I would move she would comment about something or other.  Yawn, yawn. -Ma

4 comments:

ttcole said...

I used to get migraines really bad, and the doctors thought one of the things that caused them might be flourescent lights. I started getting the lightbulbs that are more blue tinted than yellow tinted. It seemed to help for me.

Lara Neves said...

Whenever Bria gets headaches, I know it is time to get new glasses. It's often every 6 months, because her eyes deteriorate pretty quickly. (Unfortunately, she's like me.)

Laura Nyman said...

Oh, yeah, once you mentioned the lights, it reminded me that my brother's mother-in-law does get headaches from flourescent lights. She wears hats at church because of it.

Chandy said...

That's awesome that she's doing so well in school!

You may have something there with the light sensitivity since your hubby suffers from it. He may have passed it on to her. Why don't you observe her more then share your findings with her doctor?

I hope they figure it out soon...