Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hit in the Nose


When I was little I would tease my big brother.  The story is told like this, I would hit my brother and then cry that he hit me.  Probably for attention??  As we got a little older,  my big brother and I were in a fight.  I think I was 5 or 6 that would make him 6 or 7.  He hit me in the nose (probably not on purpose, and I probably deserved it).  My nose started to bleed and it wouldn't stop.  It bled continuously for 2 hours.  It bled so much that I drenched a towel.  I was taken to the doctor, because well that is just scary!  When we get to the doctors office we have to wait and wait and wait.  Well we waited so long that when we finally got in and sat down in his office my nose stopped bleeding.
Doctor said, "you probably broke a blood vessel, and the only way to fix that is to come in when it is bleeding and we can cauterize it."
Because of this I would get a bloody nose for the simplest reasons.
  • Change in weather. 
  • I'd get bumped.
  • Holding my nose under water.
  • Traveling from Prescott to Phoenix.
I finally "grew" out of it or something.  I think the last time I had a bloody nose was when I was pregnant. 

I always blamed my brother for this problem.  And I know that he has felt horrible for what happened.  Because after all, he can't stand the sight of blood.

But now there is new light shed upon this situation.  Emma started getting bloody noses at the age of 6.  She tends to get them when we change seasons.  Hm, go figure!

So, big brother of mine, I am sorry that I blamed you all of these years.  It looks like it was going to happen wether you hit me or not.  -Ma

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh, man! It's nicer to have somebody to blame! Just kidding. :) My Benji inherited my dry skin, and apparently that makes him get nosebleeds. He'll even wake up in the middle of the night with them. No fun!

Chandy said...

That's funny! My children all have the opposite of me, they got their father's traits. LOL