Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Pets Take on Our Personalities


I have noticed that when ever I have a pet it will take on my or a family members' personality.

Even chickens!!

(By the way we only lost 2 chickens)

I have noticed Emma's chicken has been the one that tries to be in charge, it tries to be the leader. It is the meanest one we have.

Although Emma is a very sweet girl and I think the world of her.  She is the oldest and she has a role as big sister to uphold.

This morning Emma was out with the chickens feeding them her crust from her toast, when she heard a baby chicken cry (oh, we put them together about a week in a half ago.).  Emma spotted her big chicken being the one that pecked at the baby.

When Emma came in she said, "Mom, my chicken is like me.  It likes it's space.  It made a baby chicken cry.  She (the chicken) said to the baby, ""Back off, I need my space, I need to be alone!!"" -Ma

1 comment:

Chandy said...

That's so funny! But I agree! I used to have a dog that would growl at my mean step mom. She hated that dog, and sometimes would not eat the scraps she gave her as if being suspicious (like me). Funny...