Thursday, February 18, 2010

ENT



Went to the Ear Nose and Throat Doctor today.

Doctor recognized us immediately.

I was impressed.

He hadn't seen us in almost two years.

When David had his tonsils out.



Emma needed to get her ears cleaned out.

Emma's wax was so packed in there that he couldn't get it very well.

The wax even clogged 3 of his tools.

I was advised to put mineral oil in her ears for 2 weeks.

And then return.



I told the doctor that I will be back in a few weeks with Jacob.

Out of curiosity the Dr. asked, "Why?"

I said, "I think he is tongue tied."

Dr. asked Jacob to stick out his tongue.

Dr. looks at me with a sad look and said,

"He is."



I then asked, "Can you take one co pay for two kids?"

He frowned and said, "No."

Of course!



He then gave me a sheet of paper that gives step by step instructions to

clean Emma's ears out all by myself.



Jacob will need to be put out for 2 minutes to have the connector piece under his tongue clipped.

Not sure if he will need therapy yet.

Poor guy has had the most painful life so far.

It all started with his collar bone braking during delivery.

He is a very tough kid.

5 comments:

Gini said...

What a day! I expected to hear some descriptive words about how much wax he took out of Emma's ears. Is she hearing better? Before she went in, Dan said, "put mineral oil in her ears." Do they put a cotton ball or anything to help with the cut underneath part of the tongue? I'd like to learn more about that. Do you have an appointment already set up for that?

Jenny said...

He couldn't get that much wax out of her ears. It was packed in too much. He gave me a instructions on how to get it out myself.

I don't know much about Jacob's tongue yet. We have an appointment set for the middle of March. Then we will have to make another appointment for the "surgery".

Lexi said...

My dad, two of my brothers and my nephew have had their tounges done (its a genetic trait). I don't remember if they stitch it or not though. Laycee might have to have hers done too, but it is on the boarderline, so we have to wait and see if she can adapt first. I heard most drs wont do it these days, so you are pretty lucky you found one!

Lara Neves said...

I'm really curious on how to get the wax out yourself...Bria has this problem and she doesn't like to let me try, but I'm pretty sure she'd hear better!

Sorry about Jacob. Hopefully it will be quick and easy. My best friend was tongue tied and didn't have it clipped until we were in high school!

Brandis said...

That sounds a lot like my week last week. It's a bummer that you can't just pay 1 copay for all the kids. :)