Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nice Day

I exercised this morning.  I think it has been since October since I have used my air climber, it was a little dusty.  It felt nice to use it again.

I went to warm up the eggs that Pa made this morning and I found cookies and cake in the microwave.  I sure do have a sweet tooth.  I should exercise again tomorrow.  *sigh*

Weather is much warmer today.  Kids have been asking for shorts.  So, today I pulled out the totes of old clothes and found shorts.  They are all very excited for "new clothes".  I really do LOVE hand me downs.

Been working on laundry.  Why won't that job ever end?

Got the itch to play in the dirt!!  Guess it is time to garden again.  Turned on the sprinklers to water part of the garden, grape vines and such.  Jacob wanted to water the grapes, so he picked up the hose, sprayed down the wall next to the vines.  I asked him to water the tree, he sprayed that down nicely.  I peeked over at him later and saw him contemplating if he should drink out of the hose her not.  He chose to drink, it was really cute!!

I love spell check, I am a horrible speller.  So, between spell check and my mom who proof reads my posts I think I am able to look literate.  Isn't that nice?

Really want to do something in the dirt... so I went out to our front side yard and sprayed the weeds.  It is a relief to get that done.  We have so many "poky" plants.

Emma and David were sick all last week.  Or should I say, Emma was sick all last week.  David was just sick on Monday, however David stayed home all week with Emma because if we mentioned that he would be going without Emma tears welled up in his eyes and we knew that we wouldn't be able to get him out the door.

So, they went back today.  I stood with David by the van for 10 minutes trying to convince him to walk to his class.  He kept talking about how horrible school is.  Finally I walked him part way there and coach came up to say hello and offered to walk with him to class.  David said "no"  then walked briskly to class.  It is heart breaking to send him away so sad.

When I picked him up he was so excited.  He said, "Mom, I learned so much about Abraham Lincoln today!"  Then he showed me a large piece of paper that had three columns.  1.  What Abe did.  2.  What we both did.  3.  What I do.  I am so glad that he had a good day.

Emma is going to have her ears cleaned out on Thursday.  This will be good.  She is having a hard time hearing us.  We have to go to an ENT to get it done.  $30.00 copay.  I really shouldn't complain, at least I am able to take them to a specialist.

I need to make an appointment for Jacob to be seen by an ENT also.  He is possibly tongue tied and his speech will be evaluated.  He may have to get his tongue clipped.  He is also having problems breathing when he sleeps.  It is scary.  Pa says I sound exactly the same.  We will have to see if his tonsils are the problem or if something else is making him have a breathing problem.  David had his tonsils out when he was 4.  The doctors said they were probably the biggest tonsils they'd have seen.  I just hope we don't have to deal with that type of surgery again.  It was horrible!!

While at the doctors last week with Emma, Abby started having sympathy pains.  So I asked the nurse if she could humor Abby a bit by looking her over.  The nurse said, "You're as healthy as a horse!!"  Then later when Emma was taking her medication Abby asked where hers was.  Emma said, "Abby, you're as healthy as a horse!!  That is what the doctor told you!"  I wonder if Abby will grow out of this.  Is this why sisters don't get along?  The younger sister has to be just like the older?  And what if we have another girl?  Will that help the situation or make it worse?

I need to go make something for dinner.  If there was one thing I could change today it would be that I could feed my family healthy meals and not struggle so much with, "what's for dinner?"

Anyone know of a free web site that helps you feed your family healthy meals?  I don't mind cooking it.  It is just figuring out what to cook.

6 eggs today from the chickens!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I'm with you. I hate figuring out what to cook for dinner. And I despise lunch. I'd rather just skip it altogether. I may have to go looking for such a website. I do know that I want to start planning a menu. Seems like it would help.
I hope all goes well with the doctor! No fun.
I'm sure getting the itch to plant things, but Jeremy needs to build me a garden first. But my yard is being cleaned up today and I'm so happy!