Monday, August 11, 2008
David and Preschool
I enrolled David in the early learners program at school. About 2 weeks before it started I would wake up in the morning with a feeling that I should not send David to school yet. I ignored the feeling because "everyone" around me would say, "Oh, he will be just fine." "You just can't let go yet?" "Why would you want to do that? The world is moving at such a faster pace, you need to put him in so he can keep up." Well to all of those responses I say, "Phooey!" I did talk to one lady that helped me follow the feelings I was having, she has 6 children. This is what she said, "He will be going to school for such a long time, he will have plenty of time to "catch up"." She sent her son to school a little early and she regrets it, and he, who is now in collage has said that he wishes she would have kept him home a little longer. So, two days before school started I called and pulled him from the class. I have felt such peace with the decision. Then watching him the last few days, I have been noticing how he wants to create, and explore. He is not ready to be confined to a desk. - Ma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment