Saturday, August 23, 2008

Emma's first couple weeks in 1st grade

Emma's first day of school was August 11. This is her first year going to all day school. I took her to school, walked her up to her classroom, when getting there a little girl ran up to Emma yelling out her name. She gave her a big hug, grabbed her hand and said come on. Her teacher, Mrs. Castillo then noticed Emma. She greeted her and they walked away. Emma looked content, so I said good bye. I just couldn't leave yet... I still wanted to make sure she was really okay. They were having flag ceremony first, so I stood there just watching while my other 3 children wanted to just leave. Finally I left hoping and praying that she will have a great first day.
When she came home on the bus I asked. How was your first day of school? Emma said, "I never wanted to go to that school again. It takes too long!" Granted she couldn't go to sleep the night before, I think she fell asleep close to midnight, then got up at 7:00.

Second day of school went much better. I asked her how she liked her teacher. She said that she wanted Mrs. Briney back, she really liked her kindergarden teacher.

Each morning there is a a new day of school she gets up mostly happy and ready to go.

A tough time with her second week of school... I guess they do evaluations. Just to make sure the kids are doing okay at home. Emma was so upset that she missed her math the day that "a lady" took her out of class to ask her questions. She said that the lady asked her if she liked school and if she was happy at home. Emma didn't like me prying, she got really cranky and said, "I don't know why she was asking me all those questions. I want to eat!"

Abby and Jacob had a birthday so we made cup cakes. I put one in Emma's lunch, inside of a baggy that I blew up and sealed. I also bought her a reusable juice box. Froze the juice so it could be cold for her the next day. When Emma sat down to eat lunch. Her napkin was wet from that wonderful juice I sent with her. The wonderful cup cake that was sent with her... the baggy deflated and frosting got all over the baggy. She said she was too busy talking and eating that when she went on the playground she couldn't find her class. She started to cry and two aids helped her find her class. they were at the bathrooms. She came home saying that if she takes a cupcake to school in can't have frosting, and she doesn't like that juice, it got her bag wet and some of her papers.

She has a bottom tooth getting more and more loose. Her bottom left tooth. She is so excited yet it "bugs" her so much. She keeps saying how weird it feels, and that if she eats an apple it will come out. It is not that loose, but she is excited. -Ma

1 comment:

Trevor and Heather Caffall said...

wow, I'm surprised you get so much information out of your 1st grader. Anna is too much like her dad and just says, "I dunno" then goes along with her business. Your blog is so cute and I love keeping in touch with friends we never see anymore.