Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good Night, I Love You...

7:30 kids are cranky, they've had a bath, scriptures have been read, teeth were brushed, it's time for bed.

Me, "Time for bed kids, hop into bed, I love you." Kids are covered all seems to be well.

David, "Mom, I'm thirsty."

Me, "Okay, get a drink and then right back to bed with ya. I love you."

By this time I am nursing Jacob to sleep.

Girls chattering in their room.

Me, "Girls, quiet time, goodnight."

David, "Mom, I can't go to sleep I need something."

Me, "What do you need?"

David, "um, I don't know, something... I need to find it."

Me, "David, you can find it in the morning, it's time for bed, goodnight, I love you."

David, "Arrrr." He climbs back into bed

Abby, "Mom, I can't go to sleep, can I give you a hug and a kiss."

Me, "Yep, now it is bed time, goodnight, I love you."

Abby, "Goodnight Mr, Mama. I love you." As she giggles about the Mr.

Emma, "Mom, my eye is itchy."

Me, "Goodnight Emma, I love you."

Abby, "Mom, I have to tell you something." Then she whispers who knows what into my ear.

Me, "Goodnight Abby, I love you."

Abby, "Goodnight Mama."

David, "Mom, I can't sleep." Yawn... "Can I sleep in your bed for a little bit?"

Me, "No, you need to go to your bed, goodnight, I love you."

Emma, "Mom, my toe nail feels sharp."

Me, "Tell me in the morning, goodnight, I love you."

Emma, "Mom, Abby is calling me Mr."

Me, "Girls Goodnight, no more talking!!"

We finally got on a schedule in August, when Emma started 1st grade. Does this ever end?? -Ma

1 comment:

DiAnna said...

Yes, but when it does you kinda miss the non stop bugging for attention.