"I hunggy..." (I hungry). She is so small yet this all I hear all day and night.
During the day my reply is usually,
"What would you like to eat? Fruit leather??, Crackers??, Life cereal??, Banana??, Carrot??"
The answer is usually, "Nooooo, I don't want that!?"
Me, "Okay, what do you want?"
Abby, "I don't know."
Me, "Would you like toast?"
Abby, "No."
Me, "How about Peanut butter and Jelly?"
Abby, "No."
Me, "Okay, how about Cookies, ice cream, brownies, or a doughnut???"
Abby, "Do we have that???" As she licks her lips.
Me, "Nope, what do ya want?"
Abby, "How bout a Jelly sandwich?"
At night the reply is,
"Sweetie, we already had dinner, it is time for bed we are not going to eat anymore food tonight. Would you like some water?"
Abby, "Nooo, I hhhuuungyy."
Me, "Sorry, it is time for bed."
After 5 to 10 and sometimes 15 minutes of this, she will find a cozy spot, ie... my lap, bed or rocking chair. she will close those beautiful blue eyes of hers and drift off into a beautiful sleep, then carried to her bed.
I am left with frazzled nerves, but at the same time I just laugh at those cute words, "Mama, I huuunnngy." -Ma
No comments:
Post a Comment