A few weeks ago I took the kids for doughnuts after Emma got home from school. We went to Safeway, bought the doughnuts and went outside to consume them. Emma went to a nearby tree and almost hung on it's branches but realized that it was covered in thorns. Somehow she hit her head on one of those thorns. I looked at it and it looked like it was bleeding a bit, so I wasn't too concerned. Thinking it will heal up quickly. Well she cried about it all into the night, the slightest little move would hurt it. She would complain about it here and there but I thought she was just being dramatic.
3 weeks went by,
We were sitting in church, Emma laid her head on my lap and I looked at the dark spot on her head, thinking it should be healed by now. I proceeded to pick at it. (I tend to pick at anything I can) As I pick I notice, this is not a scab, this is a THORN! Poor Emma. -Ma
2 comments:
Oh my! You just never know with kids... I find myself so neurotic about my kids' safety sometimes that I find an excuse not to let them be. I hope she feels better soon!
thorns won't come out until after a few days. I always leave it and take care of later on. so much easier!
Post a Comment