A few months ago the bishop of my ward wrote the sister a letter and I thought it was really great to hear/read.
Dear Sisters of Fremont Hill,
As another Sabbath day begins to come to a close, I hope the blessings of a loving Father in Heaven, and His son Jesus Christ, have been upon you. As the Sacrament was blessed and passed to you, I hope you felt the renewing of covenants, the blessings of repentance, and even the ministering of angels.
Every young man that I get to meet with about the priesthood, is a little surprised by part of my conversations with them. We talk about womanhood and all daughters of God, and how we should hold you high on a pedestal, and honor the greatness of whom and what you are. The world would have us think, through music, television, movies and the internet, that you are like a toy, to be picked up and played with for a time then discarded and on to the next toy. Satan is such a deceiver!
I believe one of the reasons men hold the priesthood, is to raise ourselves, through service to others, a little bit closer to where you already are, with all the beautiful gifts God has already given you. To naturally nurture, love and teach, these are some of Gods greatest attributes, and he gave them to you - daughters of God. Us men, through the priesthood, barely start to grasp what comes so naturally to you.
All the blessing of the priesthood are meant for all people, men and women, young and old, from generation to generation, for all eternity. The men get to administer it, but the blessings of it are for all!
We all have different callings: We also have different gifts and talents given to us by God to fulfill those callings. May god bless you dear sisters in your divinely given roles as daughters, wife, mothers, grandmothers, beautiful daughters of God, nurturers of the nations. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Bishop Whitney
2 comments:
That is an awesome letter. You have a great Bishop, I can tell. :)
I love that! I'm glad you wrote it down here...
Post a Comment