Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weary Night

Last night at about 10:30, I had just fallen asleep about a half an hour before. Abby crawled into bed with me. Pa was working on a side job in the living room, so I didn't mind having the company. But, for some reason she didn't want to snuggle. My eyes could barely stay open and Abby was rolling around in bed unable to stay still. She was saying, "It hurts..." "What hurts?" I would say. She would yell, "I don't know!" I thought maybe a mosquito bite??? So I thought I would just pull her close, then everything should be fine... Nope. Then her finger goes by my face for just a moment and my eyes were actually open. Abby had a rubber band wrapped around her finger. The tip looked black. I proceeded to remove the rubber band, but her finger hurt so bad that she would scream when it was touched. The minute the rubber band was off she was still and asleep, ready to snuggle. :o) As she was asleep she did continue to touch her finger as the blood went back to the tip. The rubber band must have been on her finger for a minimum of 2 1/2 hours.

11:30 rolls around and Jacob starts to cry, he wants to nurse. Carry Abby to bed and get Jacob. This time my eyes really don't want to open. 10 minutes of nursing I thought he was done. Then he wakes up, wide awake, crying. Could it be teeth?? Got the teething tablets. After giving them to him he really seems wide awake. He gets off the bed and on the bed a few times. Pa comes in and holds Jacob for a bit them puts him on the bed with me. Jacob starts to get off the bed then he notices that Ma might have some more milk for him so he points and says "dat", I point and said, "oh you want this??" He starts to jump and said, "dat, dat."
So, I continue to nurse. Thankfully he falls asleep for good this time.

Pa put in the movie Pearl Harbor. Usually I can fall asleep quickly when a movie gets put in, but last night... I was up till 3 a.m.

This morning...

Abby's finger is fine.

Jacob did not get any new teeth. -Ma

No comments: